In celebration of All Saints Day, World Vital Records will release 10 new data sets!
Data bases Now Available:
· Membership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1830-1848
· Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
· Marriages in the Nauvoo Region 1839-1845
· Seventy Quorum Membership, 1835-1846
· Inscriptions Found on Tombstones and Monuments in Early Latter-day Saint Burial Grounds
· Property Transactions in Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, and Surrounding Communities, 1839-1859.
· Pioneers of 1847: A Sesquicentennial Remembrance
· Members of the Mormon Battalion: A Sesquicentennial Remembrance
· Members of the Ellsworth and McArthur Handcart Companies of 1856
· Members of the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies of 1856
All of these records have been prepared by Susan Easton Black, with the exception of the Seventy Quorum Membership, which was prepared by her husband, Harvey. The Property Transactions in Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, and Surrounding Communities, 1839-1859 can only be found at World Vital Records.
The festival of All Saints, also sometimes known as All Hallows or Hallowmas (“hallows” meaning “saints,” and “mas” meaning ” Mass“), is a feast celebrated in their honour. Halloween is the day proceeding it, and is so named because it is” The Eve of All Hallows”. All Saints is also a Christian formula invoking all the faithful saints and martyrs, known or unknown.
The Western Christian holiday (called Festum omnium sanctorum in Latin) falls on November 1, followed by All Souls’ Day on November 2, and is a Holy Day of Obligation in the Latin Rite Roman Catholic Church, with a vigil and an octave. Among the Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholics, All Saints follows the earlier tradition kept by the whole Church of keeping the feast on the first Sunday after Pentecost and as such marks the close of the Easter season.
- First Print Publication from World Vital Records, Inc. First Print Publication from World Vital Records, Inc., Property Transactions...
- Databases Highlighted Featuring Property Transactions in Nauvoo This week we are featuring several databases compiled by...
- Susan Easton Black, prolific LDS author and historian, discusses unique genealogy sets at WorldVitalRecords.com Susan Easton Black, prolific LDS author and historian, recently discussed...
- First Print Publication from World Vital Records, Inc., Property Transactions in Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, and Surrounding Communities, 1839-1859, Now Available Shown above: Dr. Susan Easton Black with World Vital...
- World Vital Records Celebrates Its One-Year Anniversary World Vital Records, Inc. is thrilled to celebrate its one-year...