Susan Easton Black, prolific LDS author and historian, recently discussed some of the unique genealogy data sets that she has compiled and are now available at WorldVitalRecords.com. (Listen to Susan E. Black introduce her genealogy records)
Dr. Black’s most recent six-volume set, Property Transactions in Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, and Surrounding Communities, 1839-1859 was released at World Vital Records, Inc. This set is not available anywhere else!
Dr. Black is currently a professor at Brigham Young University. She is a past Eliza R. Snow Fellow, Associate Dean of General Education and Honors, and Director of Church History in the Religious Studies Center. She was the recipient of the Karl G. Maeser Distinguished Faculty Lecturer Award in 2000, the highest award given a professor on the BYU campus. She has authored, edited, and compiled over 100 books and as many articles.
In addition to the Property Transactions set, the following records, compiled by Susan E. Black, are available NOW at WorldVitalRecords.com: Some of these sets are exclusive to our site. Click on the links below to hear Dr. Black describe each data set.
- Membership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1830-1848
- Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Marriages in the Nauvoo Region 1839-1845
- Seventy Quorum Membership, 1835-1846 (Compiled by Harvey Black)
- Inscriptions Found on Tombstones and Monuments in Early LDS Burial Grounds
- Members of the Mormon Battalion: A Sesquicentennial Remembrance
- Members of the Ellsworth and McArthur Handcart Companies of 1856
- Members of the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies of 1856
- Pioneers of 1847: A Sesquicentennial Remembrance