New Parish Records: Ellenhall, Burslem, Tatenhill, Wolstanton, Barton-under-Needwood, Castle Church, Cressage, Ford, and Trentham

Posted by on

WorldVitalRecords.com recently released the following parish records for Ellenhall, Burslem, Tatenhill, Wolstanton, Barton-under-Needwood, Castle Church, Cressage, Ford, and Trentham.

Some of the databases are free to access until May 6th, while others will be free to access until May 4th.

Click on the links below to view the databases
.

Ellenhall Parish Registers (Free Until May 6, 2007)
Ellenhall is situated about 6.5 miles north west of Stafford, in the Hundred of Pirehill South, in the Archdeaconry of Stoke-on-Trent and Diocese of Lichfield. The Registers contain the baptism, marriage and burial records for the years 1539-1812. They also contain an index to the Registers. This database is from the Everton Library Colllection.

Burslem Parish Registers, Volume 3 (Free Until May 6, 2007)
The Burslem Parish Register contains baptism, marriage, and burial records. Part 3 contains records for the years 1809-1812. It also contains the index for all of the Burslem Registers. Burslem is in North Staffordshire. It is on the Trent and Mersey Canal. It is an ancient Chapelry and occurs in Domesday as Barcardeslim and in various records and charters as Borewardeslyme, Burewardesley-lime, Burwardeslime, Burwareslem, and Burdeslem.

Tatenhill Parish Register, Volume 2
(Free Until May 6, 2007)
Tatenhill(Taten or Tate’s Hill) is a Rectory in the Deanery of Tutbury, and once included the townships of Barton-under-Needwood, Wichnor and Dunstall, the Hamlet of Callingwood or Chalengewode (Boscum Calumpniatum), part of Needwood Forest, and the District of Highlands Park. Volume 2 contains births, marriage, and death records from 1563-1812.

Wolstanton Parish Registers 1769 – 1812, Volume 2 (Free Until May 6, 2007)
The village of Wolstanton lies in the north-west of Staffordshire, about a mile and a half of the ancient borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme. Part 1 of the Registers contains a record of the baptisms before death (B.b.d.), marriages, and burials for the years 1769-1812. It also contains the index for all of the Wolstantson Parish Registers.

Burslem Parish Registers 1761 – 1809, Volume 2
Free Until (May 5, 2007)
The Burslem Parish Register contains baptism, marriage, and burial records for the years 1761-1809. Burslem is in North Staffordshire. It is on the Trent and Mersey Canal. It is an ancient Chapelry and occurs in Domesday as Barcardeslim and in various records and charters as Borewardeslyme, Burewardesley-lime, Burwardeslime, Burwareslem, and Burdeslem.

Index to Barton-under-Needwood Parish Register (Free Until May 4, 2007)
Barton-under-Needwood is in the Deanery of Tutbury. It contains the index for baptism, marriage, and burial records. Some of the family names contained in the registers are: Holland, Grane, Allsopp, Duddell, Hanson, Webb, Whiteing, Cranidge or Cranage, Fox, Penifather, and Few.

Castle Church Parish Registers, Volume 2, Part 2 (Free Until May 4, 2007)
The registers of Castle Church, Stafford contain baptism, marriage and burial records. Among the more noted families mentioned in the registers are the following: Aston, Barbor, Berington, Bickerton,Dovey of Ricarscote, Drakeford of Forbridge, Eardswick, Fowler, Harcourt, Hevey, Littleton, Macclesfield, Pursley, Stafford, Thorley, Whitgreave. This database is from the Everton Library Collection.

Cressage Parish Registers 1605 – 1812
(Free Until May 4, 2007)
These registers contain almost all baptisms and only eleven marriages. The other marriages and burials for the area can be found in the Cound Registers. Some names of interest found in the registry are: Fowler, Shaw, Hayward, Blakeway, Dager, Langley, etc. This database is from the Everton Library Collection.

Ford Parish Registers 1569 – 1812
(Free Until May 4, 2007)
Ford is a village and small Parish. In 1676 it possessed 88 inhabitants above the age of 16. The Register contains the baptism, marriage, and burial records for the Parish. The register covers the years 1569-1812. This database is from the Everton Library Collection.

Trentham Parish Registers 1558 – 1744, Volume 1 (Free Until May 4, 2007)
The Parish of Trentham from its earliest times up to 1841 comprised the area covered by the modern ecclesiastical parishes of Trentham, Blurton, Hanford, Dresden, and part of Normacot and Butterton. The registers contain the baptism, marriage and burial records for all of those areas prior to 1841. Volume 1 contains the records from 1558 to 1744.

Leave a comment