On FamilyLink.com you can connect with more than 10,000 family history hobbyists, enthusiasts, and professionals from your local area to the rest of the world. In addition, by uploading GEDCOM files, and sending messages to researchers in more than twenty countries, with uploading photos of your favorite ancestors, FamilyLink.com connects the world for easier, quicker, and less expensive collaborative research efforts.
What Will Be Some of the New Features at FamilyLink.com?
On August 31, FamilyLink.com users will be able to upload their family tree, their GEDCOM, and much more. Once your GEDCOM uploads, you can view the surnames in your tree and the number of individuals who have that surname.
Using FamilyLink.com’s Free Family Tree Viewer, you can:
- Quickly view pedigree files
- Calculate the relationship between two individuals within their pedigree chart
- Easily view vital information on an individual, such as birth, marriage, or death dates
- Switch to ancestor or descendant view
- Add or view photos, documents, videos, albums, recordings, etc.
- See information that has been added in the past 30 days
- View a statistics page
- Search through a large repository of information
- Find surnames, places, dates, and local area information quickly and easily
Want to connect with other genealogists? Type in the surname you are searching on the site and immediately receive access to all other genealogists who are researching the same surname. You can also narrow your search to the people you want to find by distance, country, county, state, city, zip code, online status, experience, age, and more.
Have you hit a brick wall with your research? Don’t worry. Simply type in the name of the individual for whom you are searching. This name will be posted at FamilyLink.com and other individuals on FamilyLink.com may be able to assist you with tearing down that wall.
Researching a particular place? After typing in the research location, search results display a city page using geo-coded technology that displays all the FamilyLink.com individuals who live within up to 100 miles from the research location. The search result also displays those who are researching the same location.
Want to know where your ancestors lived? This feature displays the places where your ancestors were most populous, and also connects to local genealogists who can do local record lookups.
All these features and more will be available on August 31, 2007.
- Look For Big Announcement From FamilyLink.com Next Monday (August 27, 2007) Next Monday(August 27, 2007), FamilyLink.com will be making a big...
- FamilyLink.com Social Genealogy Site Changes Name To FamilyHistoryLink.com You may have noticed recently that FamilyLink.com has changed...