PROVO, UT, September 29, 2008 —Dundurn Group, one of the largest publishers of adult and children’s fiction and non-fiction books in Canada, recently partnered with WorldVitalRecords.com to host more than 400 titles from its 2,000-book collection.
“We are keen to start doing business with WorldVitalRecords.com and look forward to a successful partnership with them,” said Beth Bruder, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Dundurn Group. “We have wanted to extend our reach into the field of history and genealogy and feel like this is the right fit.”
Some of the Dundurn titles include The Genealogist’s Internet, 100 Canadian Heroines, Christian Names in Local and Family History, DNA and Family History: How Genetic Testing Can Advance Your Genealogical Research, Maps for Family and Local History: The Records of the Tithe, Valuation Office and National Farm Surveys and Strangers at Our Gates: Canadian Immigration and Immigration Policy, 1540 – 2006.
The Dundurn Collection online at WorldVitalRecords.com contains a variety of records ranging from maps, to immigration records to introductory guides to guides for researching family history online.
“WorldVitalRecords.com collects a variety of content from many recognized family history and genealogical sources,” said Yvette Arts, Director of Content Partnerships, FamilyLink.com, Inc. “The Dundurn Group databases are a great example of rich content that covers areas of research, that are not usually included in ordinary genealogical collections.”
Whitney Ransom McGowan
Corporate Communications Director
Established in 1972, Dundurn Press evolved from a small publisher of Canadian history, politics, and biography to one of the leading Canadian trade publishers of Canadian non-fiction, as well as literary fiction, drama, poetry, art books, and junior fiction and non-fiction. Dundurn Press publishes 80 new titles per year and many of their books have won or been nominated for many prestigious awards, including the Governor General’s Literary Award for Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Translation, and the Silver Birch Award. For more information visit www.dundurn.com.
About FamilyLink.com, Inc.
FamilyLink.com, Inc. is a family of services that includes WorldVitalRecords.com, FamilyHistoryLink.com, WebTree.com, and the We’re Related and My Family applications on Facebook. The focus of the company is to provide innovative tools to connect families. FamilyLink.com, Inc. has more than 3.4 million unique global visitors each month and 27.3 million page views per month. We’re Related is one of the fastest growing social networks for genealogists. We’re Related is a family-based application on Facebook.com that allows individuals to find relatives on Facebook, connect with friends and family members, build family trees, and share news and photos. My Family is a great way for people to express themselves and to share interesting characteristics about their family with those they connect with on social platforms.
- Genealogical Publishing Company Partners With FamilyLink.com, Inc. PROVO, UT, March 3, 2008 — Genealogical Publishing Company,...
- Families Find Personal Connections Through Everton’s Online Genealogical Helper and Family Group Sheets and Pedigree Files Now Online at WorldVitalRecords.com Families Find Personal Connections Through Everton’s Online Genealogical Helper and...
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness Partners with FamilyLink.com Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness Partners with FamilyLink.com Volunteers from...
- Everton Partners With WorldVitalRecords.com to Make Pedigree Files and Family Group Sheets Available Online at WorldVitalRecords.com Everton Partners With WorldVitalRecords.com to Make Pedigree Files and Family...
- FamilySearch Teams With FamilyLink.com, Inc. to Bring German Collection Online PROVO, UT, May 13, 2008 — FamilySearch recently announced an...