Protect yourself and your loved ones from swine flu this Mother’s Day holiday by taking some simple precautions:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds.
- Try to avoid contact with individuals who have symptoms of the flue
- If you have a cough, wear a mask and try to stay away from others
- Get adequate rest, drink lots of fluids, and eat nutritional meals
What is the Swine Flu?
- Fever (usually over 100 degree F)
- Sore throat
- Body aches/ Headaches
- Occasionally Diarrhea and Vomiting
According to the World Health Organization, as of May 6th, 23 countries have officially reported a total of 1893 cases of influenza A (H1N1). Mexico has reported 942 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 29 deaths. The United States has reported 642 cases of the swine flu, resulting in 2 deaths.